APRA Tanzania to host national feedback workshop
APRA Tanzania team at a previous media workshop
On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at the Institute of Rural Development Planning in Dodoma, Tanzania, the APRA Tanzania team will be hosting a national feedback workshop. At this event, the team plans to share research findings and draw policy implications on how agricultural commercialisation can empower women, reduce poverty, and improve food and nutrition security in the region. The team will look to the way forward, identifying how their findings might impact the country’s agricultural sector moving into the future. The workshop will gather relevant stakeholders, government officials, researchers, journalists to discuss these pathways for improvement.
Following registration, and an official opening session, members of the APRA Tanzania team, including Aida Isinika, Devotha Mosha, John Jeckoniah, Ntengua Mdoe and Christopher Magomba will share two key presentations on Inclusive agricultural commercialisation: Policy lessons from rice in Mngeta, Kilombero and The role of sunflower for livelihood improvement in Iramba and Mkalama districts.
The presentations will pave way for guided group discussions and plenary sessions to draw and agree on emerging key policy lessons. The output of this workshop will contribute to institutionalisation of agricultural commercialisation for the benefit of famers who are stepping up, stepping out, hanging in or stepping down from agricultural commercialisation.
To learn more about the APRA Tanzania team’s research, read some of their recent blogs here:
- Monocrop or diversified enterprise portfolio? Lessons for inclusive commercialisation from Singida Region, Tanzania
- Holistic adoption of System of Rice Intensification can increase yields: A case of Mngeta, Kilombero District, Tanzania
- Does livestock enhance or reduce crop commercialisation? A case of Singida in Central Tanzania
- APRA features at the Second Scientific Conference held at the Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania
- Influence of rice commercialisation on poverty reduction levels in Kilombero Valley, Tanzania
- Does sunflower commercialisation empower women in Singida, Tanzania?