East Africa Rice Conference 2021
18 – 20 May
Africa holds great potential in contributing to food and nutrition security, and economic growth through innovative science, sustainable agri-food systems, and transformative partnerships. As rice becomes a potentially strategic commodity in Africa, many countries have embarked on different programs to boost domestic rice production along with continental initiatives.
The East Africa Rice Conference 2021 aims to initiate discussions and sharing of experiences among countries in relation to existing challenges and emerging opportunities, in an effort to ensure adequate domestic production to fulfil the ever-increasing demand.
APRA International Advisory Group members:
- Janet Edeme – Director for Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union
- Kiyoshi Shiratori – Chief Advisor, Project for Functional Enhancement of National Rice Research and Training Centre
- Dawit Alemu – APRA Ethiopia Country Lead
- Paul Amaza – APRA Researcher
- Miltone Ayieko -APRA Researcher
- Aida Isinika – APRA Researcher
- Ntengua Mdoe – APRA Researcher
- Hannington Odame – APRA Regional Coordinator for East Africa
- John Thompson – APRA CEO