- a broader approach to livestock would be useful, but focus on pastoral issues makes most sense
- would hope this would provide a platform for interacting with CG, reg’l research orgs, NARS, NGO networks, etc.
- Need a more elaborate process to develop broader strategy for FAC work in STI à develop fuller proposal for Consortium to review
- Innovation systems perspective has been there for some time – big challenge of programmes like Research Into Use and CG Challenge Programmes is operationalisation and developing and sustaining ‘stakeholder innovation platforms’ – many unanswered questions à CIMMYT struggling with this too
- Role of gov’t – Ministries of S&T struggling with developing innovation output indicators to demonstrate impacts. MSTs weak in coordination and resource mobilisation
- Regulation key issue – PPPs – incentive structure for interaction very weak, incoherence in the system à whole governance structure needs to be examined in this area