By Ian Scoones and John Thompson
12 February 2009
“to encourage dialogue and the sharing of good practice by policy makers and opinion formers in Africa on the role of agriculture in broad based growth”. But aren’t others doing this? CAADP (with the legitimacy of an international governmental process) and AGRA, IFPRI and others (with lots of money)…..likely to be others, So where do we fit?, What do we do that is different?
A diverse partnership
- Dialogue and deliberation – opening up the debate.
- Embedded in local settings – but linking to the wider debates
- Independent, flexible, agile, responsive.
- Able to challenge, critique and confront
- Communications – linking findings to wide audiences
- Relationship with DFID – bridging research and policy.