Future Agricultures has a diverse network of partners in Africa and worldwide, working together on research, communications and policy engagement.
This page gives information about the hosts of our four regional hubs and a list of our research partners across the globe.
Our regional hubs are hosted in established academic institutions, and support a network of national, regional, and international partners. Learn more about the hubs and how they work.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Tegemeo Institute of Egerton University conducts research and analysis on policy in agriculture, rural development, natural resources and environment. Tegemeo hosts the East Africa hub of Future Agricultures.
Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER)
The Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research is located at the University of Ghana, Legon. ISSER hosts the West Africa hub of Future Agricultures.
Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
Located on the University of Sussex campus, IDS is a leading global charity for international development research, teaching and communications. IDS is the host of the Europe hub of Future Agricultures and currently houses the secretariat.
Institute of Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies (PLAAS)
PLAAS does research, policy engagement, teaching and training about the dynamics of chronic poverty and structural inequality in Southern Africa, with a particular focus on land holding and agro-food systems. PLAAS is part of the University of the Western Cape (UWC).
- Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria
- A – Z Consult, Ethiopia
- Centro Brasileiro de Analise e Planejamento (CEBRAP), Brazil
- Centre d’etudes, de documentation et de recherche economique et sociales (CEDRES), Burkina Faso
- Centre for African Bio-entrepreneurship (CABE), Kenya
- Centre for Development, Environment and Policy (CeDEP), School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS), UK
- Centro de Desenvolvimento Sustentável (CDS), Universidade de Brasília, Brazil
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- China Agricultural University (CAU)
- Dadimos, Ethiopia
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, University of Ghana
- Department of Geography and Resource Development, University of Ghana
- Department of Informatics, University of Sussex, UK
- Ethiopian Economic Association (EEA) / Ethiopian Economics Research Policy Institute (EERPI)
- Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR)
- Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, Legon
- International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), UK
- Instituto de Estudos Sociais e Económicos (IESE), Mozambique
- Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research & Analysis (KIPPRA)
- Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI)
- Land Deal Politics Initiative (LDPI)
- Moi University, Kenya
- Overseas Development Institute (ODI), UK
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative (PCI), Kenya
- Research for Development Trust, Zimbabwe
- Research-inspired Policy and Practice Learning in Ethiopia and the Nile Region (RiPPLE), Ethiopia
- Royal Tropical Institute (KIT), The Netherlands
- Self-Help Africa (SHA), Ireland and UK
- Technical University of Mombasa, Kenya
- University of Brasilia, Department of Politics and International Relations, Brazil
- Wadonda Consult (WACO), Malawi
- Centre for Development Innovation (CDI), Wageningen UR, Netherlands
- WRENMedia, UK
The list of partners on each of our research projects is shown on the respective research page.